Instant Adhesive – general-purpose gel. Non-drip. Ideal for overhead applications.
Loctite ® 454™ Prism® Instant Adhesive provides rapid bonding of a wide range of materials, including metals, plastics and elastomers. Particularly suited for bonding porous or absorbent materials. The gel consistency prevents adhesive flow even on vertical surfaces, designed for the assembly of difficult-to-bond materials which require uniform stress distribution and strong tension and/or shear strength.
- High thermal performance
- For use on vertical or overhead surfaces, when non-dripping is required
- For porous substrates such as wood, paper, leather, cork and fabric
- For acidic surfaces such as chromate or galvanized surfaces
- Very fast fixture speed
- Particularly suited for bonding a wide variety of materials, such as metals, plastics, elastomers, paper, leather, cork, fabric, wood, chromate plated parts, etc.
- Fast cure even in challenging environments
Substrates and Applications
- Abrasive tips to metal-machine tools
- Stainless steel to carbon fiber-cutlery
- Glass-filled polyurethane to steel – Firearm assembly
- Aluminium to rubber pads – Ladders
- PVC to EPDM rubber – Appliance consoles
- Urethane foam rubber to painted steel – Handle grips
- Paper to PVC – Packaging materials
- ABS to PVC – Vacuum cleaners
- Acrylic to PVC – Plastic fencing
- Braided sleeve to rubber – Hoses
- Synthetic rubber to ABS – Legs to equipment housings
- Fixture time: 5 – 10 sec.
- Colour: colourless transparent
- Suited for plastics
- Suited for polyolefines in combination with Primer Loctite 770 or Loctite 7239
- Suited for rubbers
- Suited for metals
- Well suited for porous and/or acidic surfaces
- Viscosity in mPa•s: gel
- Service temperature range: -40 °C to +120 °C
- Pack sizes: 20g, 300g