Increase the operating life of your bearings by up to 50 percent with the plummer block housing SNS. Reduce the total costs of your facilities as part of the total cost of ownership!
Schaeffler is setting a new standard with the innovative large-size bearing housing SNS. The unique housing design increases the bearing life of the fitted spherical roller bearings by up to 50 percent compared to conventional plummer block housings. This is made possible by the innovative housing design, which ensures optimum load distribution in the bearing. The housing also provides a very high sealing action against the ingress of contamination under extreme environmental conditions.
Highlights of the new SNS housing:
- 50 percent longer bearing life due to the new housing design
- Reduced total cost of ownership
- 100 percent interchangeable with conventional solutions
- Easy and precise mounting due to locating surfaces that are reworked by machine and alignment marks
- Axial lubrication groove in the upper section of the housing to ensure optimum lubricant supply for bearings in every bearing position – for example using FAG CONCEPT8.
- Grease outlet holes supplied as standard simplify maintenance.
- Predefined positions for condition monitoring, for example using FAG SmartCheck for vibration diagnosis in real time
- Grease condition monitoring using FAG GreaseCheck can be easily integrated
- Very high sealing action
- Spheroidal graphite cast iron as standard material
- A further development of the SD31 housing
- Replacement for the former SD5, SD6 and S30 in some cases
- Plummer block housings of series SNS are suitable for spherical roller bearing series 222…, 223…, 230…, 231…, 232… and 240…